Anthony’s Chipotle Chicken & Bean Tostadas
10 oz Chicken Breast Strips
1/4 cup Sour Cream
4 Flour Tortillas
1 oz Sliced Pickled Jalapeño Pepper
4 oz Grape Tomatoes
2 tsps Chipotle Chile Paste
2 cloves Garlic
1 15.5-oz can Pinto Beans
2 Tbsps Grated Cotija Cheese
2 tsps Honey
1 Prepare the ingredients & make the salsa
Remove the honey from the refrigerator to bring to room temperature.
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 450°F.
Wash and dry the fresh produce.
Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves
Thinly slice the scallions,
separating the white bottoms and hollow green tops.
Drain and rinse the beans.
Halve the tomatoes.
Roughly chop the pepper. Thoroughly wash your hands and cutting board immediately after handling.
In a bowl, combine the halved tomatoes and as much of the chopped pepper as you'd like, depending on how spicy you'd like the dish to be. Season with salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, combine the honey (kneading the packet before opening), 1 tablespoon of warm water, and as much of the chile paste as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be.
2 Cook & mash the beans
In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
Add the chopped garlic and sliced white bottoms of the scallions; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly softened.
Add the drained beans and 1/2 cup of water (carefully, as the liquid may splatter); season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently and mashing the beans with the back of a spoon, 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Turn off the heat; stir in the sour cream. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
Transfer to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
Rinse and wipe out the pan.
3 Toast the tortillas
• Meanwhile, place the tortillas on
a sheet pan.
• Using a fork, prick the tortillas all over to prevent air bubbles from forming. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; turn to coat.
• Toast in the oven 4 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned
• Remove from the oven.
4 Cook & finish the chicken
• Meanwhile, pat the chicken dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper.
• In the same pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
• Add the seasoned chicken in
an even layer. Cook, without
stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, or until
lightly browned. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
• Turn off the heat. Add the sauce and stir to coat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
CUSTOMIZED STEP 4 If you chose Beyond Chicken®
- Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Place the tenders on the foil.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until lightly browned and cooked through.*
- Remove from the oven. Immediately season with salt.
- Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, halve crosswise.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the sauce and stir to coat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
5 Assemble the tostadas & serve your dish
• Assemble the tostadas using the toasted tortillas, mashed beans, finished chicken,
• Serve the tostadas garnished with the cheese and sliced green tops of the scallions. Enjoy!